PAYCE Foundation Pledges $400,000 to Reduce HomelessnessSydney.
PAYCE Foundation Director Dominic Sullivan says a global agreement signed by the NSW Government in February to halve street homelessness across the state by 2015 has received a major boost with the PAYCE Foundation pledging a $400,000 sponsorship over two years to help address the problem.
The PAYCE Foundation is the philanthropic arm of leading property and investment company, PAYCE, based in Sydney.
Mr Sullivan said the sponsorship was announced at the Act to End Street Sleeping Collaboration convened in Sydney Town Hall.
Payce Foundation Helps Tackle Rough Sleeping – Dominic Sullivan
Dominic Sullivan said the symposium was hosted by the Hon Graham West and the keynote address was delivered by the newly-appointed Minister for Families, Communities and Disability Services, the Hon Gareth Ward.
"The Foundation is pleased to be associated with such a worthy initiative which tackles rough sleeping in our cities.
"Homelessness is a major complex problem around the world, but much can be done to significantly reduce the numbers through the collaborative efforts of community bodies and governments at all levels," Dominic Sullivan continued.
"It is reassuring to know that Sydney is part of a network of 'vanguard cities' around the world working with the Institute of Global Homelessness to address this social issue."
Global Partnership Aims to Reduce Rough Sleeping with 10 Year Plan – Dominic Sullivan
Mr Sullivan explained that the Institute of Global Homelessness is a partnership between DePaul University in Chicago and DePaul International, a London-based organisation, which supports 150 cities to end homelessness by 2030.
"Under the agreement the aim is to:
- reduce rough sleeping in the City of Sydney by 25 per cent by 2020
- reduce rough sleeping in the City of Sydney and NSW by 50 per cent by 2025, and
- work towards zero rough sleeping in the City of Sydney and NSW.
"Sydney is the tenth city globally to commit to being a vanguard city, joining Adelaide and eight other cities around the world.
"Signatories to the agreement are the NSW Government, City of Sydney, Institute of Global Homelessness, St Vincent's de Paul, St Vincent's Health, Mission Australia, Salvation Army, Wesley Mission, Neami National and Foundations," Mr Sullivan said.
- Dominic Sullivan – General Manager of Payce Consolidated Sydney NSW
- Dominic Sullivan – Payce Consolidated, Sydney Property Development Company
- Dominic Sullivan – Apartment Developments in Sydney
- Community Events in Sydney
- Community Charities Sydney
- Community Support for Charities Sydney
- Community support Sydney
- Charitable contributions and support in Sydney
- Charitable donation and support in Sydney
- Donations to Charity
- Corporate donations in Sydney
- Corporate donations to charities Sydney
- Corporate sponsorship in Sydney
- Corporate support for Community in Sydney